Monday, 23 August 2010
The Queen's Meme #50 - The Back To Fools Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #50
The Back To Fools Meme
For those quietly insane adults hanging around after the kids have returned to school.
The house is quiet. No more carpooling twelve kids to the mall. No more fighting over the computer and the TV. I wonder if you learned your lessons this summer. Answer the questions in complete sentences, double-spaced, typed with footnotes, annotations and a bibliography. I'll take that by Tuesday afternoon if not sooner. And please, if you have any questions, raise your hand..
There will be a pop quiz tomorrow.
1. Do you know your primary colors? Describe for me, if you will, the colors red, blue and green to a blind person. (*hat tip special friend for this most excellent question!*) Well red is the stuff that comes out when you hit someone, blue is the colour of the sky when I daydream out of the window and green is how I feel after eating rschool lunch
2. What was your adult summer reading? It was between the pages of my maths homework until the teacher confiscated and read it himself.
3. When you assembled your clothes last night for today's activities - you did do that, didn't you? - what did you choose to wear? Nothing the school would approve of...detention again!
4. What's in your lunchbox? That's a rather personal question! I'll show you when we're round by the bikesheds.
5. Imagine that your teacher is your fantasy crush. What would you bring her/him on the first day of school? Hmmmmm??? Two tickets to Brazil
6. No rest for the weary. Your child's teacher just called. A big ole' bully knocked your precious one into a locker for no good reason at all.
What is your response to the principal? Stop the bullying in this school or I'll knock you senseless!
7. You have been given a pair of scissors, a glue stick and copy of Entertainment Weekly. Whose picture do you cut out and who do you glue to your headboard? Any smug celebrity so I can throw darts at it.
8. TEN POINT BONUS QUESTION! Now that you have time to watch all those Gilligan's Island reruns, tell me....What was the Professor really doing with Mary Ann all that time they were lost in the jungle? I have no idea, but they both came back with a smile on their faces.
And remember this uplifting quote:
"If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers."
— Edgar W. Howe
Did someone just throw a spitwad at me?!!!