Tuesday, 17 August 2010
The Queen's Meme #49 - The Watch Me Watch You Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #49
It's called The Watch Me Watch You Meme. So hunker down with your spyglass and bourbon, don dark sunglasses if you choose and tell us your deep dark and guarded secrets. Or not.
1. I have given you a pair of binoculars. If you could watch anyone in the world in the act of being creative or creating something, what would you choose to watch? The mind boggles at the ideas! I loved seeing the artist paint my portrait in November 2008.
2. Turn your head to the left. What do you see? Explain its significance in your life. I see my cabinet full of Royal Doulton china, with the complete 24 Dickens figures, 12 Lord of the Rings figures and many others. I've always been proud of them.
3. You are watching a parade. You see a float float by (they float, don't they?) with three of your favorite people on it. Who are they? Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett & Meryl Streep
4. What do you like to watch on television? Sadly, they ended this year. Lost and 24. Also gone is Prison Break, The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Battlestar Galactica,
5. Your blog is under surveillance by the Blogwatchers Association.
What are they watching for? Probably for the same reason we all visit blogs!
6. Watch out! Your greatest superstition has befallen you. What do you "watch out" for on a daily basis? That I don't encounter anything with 13 in it. Last week, I overslept on Friday 13th.
7. Have you ever "watched" at a wake in the deceased home or funeral parlor? No, that sort of thing doesn't happen in recent times here in Britain, although I know in the 1930's and 1940's, there was a tradition of putting the deceased laid out open in the back room. I'm glad I wasn't around then!
8. Name one thing you always want to be awake for. The next day, definately Failure to be awake would be a major downer.
9. What is the next opportunity you are waiting or watching for? A good opportunity to have time away from the office. So few and far between.
10. You are standing guard in Central Prison. It is your job to watch the prisoners online activities. What site would you recommend to someone in prison? A male to female prisoner chatroom! Definately not a vacation booking online service.