Tuesday, 1 December 2009
The Queen's Meme #15 - The Shopping Madness Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Tuesday Meme #15
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious.
Step out of the box. Be creative.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours.
This meme is called
The Shopping Madness Meme (aka The Naked Mannequin Saga)
1. What is favorite item to shop for and why?
I love Amazon...no sales assistants to say "You look excellent in that, sir" or "May I suggest this item we are trying to push but no one wants?"
2. Quality vs. Price. Will you buy off-brand replicas at a discount store or must you have the real thing? Why or why not?
I've always got to have the real thing....my theory is if I have a fake, I must be a fake person. The only trouble is, many think some of my real things are fakes!
3. Have you ever asked a sales clerk to remove something from display if it is the last one in the store? Tell us what special something would make you strip the clothes off a mannequin.
(which begs the question...Are all mannequins born naked?)
It would have to be a designer logo that was unobtainable elsewhere. However, if I wish to strip the the clothes of a mannequin, the assistant might see me as a pervert!
4. I really don't care if a guy goes shopping with me. I'm in my own zone and always have a plan. Are you an alone-shopper or would you like to have company?
I don't mind shopping with anyone, as long as they go where I want to go!
5. Have you ever done anything other than actually try on clothes in a dressing room? (I have no idea why this question followed the previous one. Ahem.)
If I took all my clothes off in the middle of the shop, I'm sure I wouldn't get too far....perhaps a few cheers.
6. Do you like or do you get annoyed when salesclerks and store management follows you around asking "May I help you?" a million times? (I have no idea why this question followed the previous one.)
I can't stand staff who follow me around. I urge myself to say "No thank you." when I would rather say "Beat it.", "Take a hike." or "Stop stalking me."
7.. Create your very own store-brand name. (ie; Toys 'R Us, WalMart) What would YOUR establishment's name be?
'Trash For Your Cash'
Place the name on this sign. When we are finished with this meme, I'll put them all together and we'll have our very own shopping mall.
If you don't know how to write on this from your computer, go to imagechef.com and find it in the "signs" category. It's simple.
And please, for the of all things plastic, stay out of the dungeon. It's almost Christmas!