Tuesday, 22 December 2009
The Queen's Meme #18 - The Most Annoying Christmas Ever
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Tuesday Meme #18
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious.
Step out of the box. Be creative.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours.
Once upon a time in a faraway Bloggiverse there lived a maiden named Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt. She slayed her own dragons, stoked her own fire and well.....wrote memes by the light of the Bloggingham moon. One day a kind blogger from England noticed her meme lovin' ways and royally crowned her Mimi Queen of Memes. As time passed in the peaceful kingdom of Bloggingham, her Royal Highness found comfort in the company of fellow bloggers who also loved memes. But the Queen had a wicked disposition too. It is widely reported in historical Blogosphere archives that any and all bloggers found guilty of not completing their memes were promptly thrown into the dreaded Bloggingham dungeon. If I were you, I'd do the meme.
The name of this meme is
The Most Annoying Christmas Meme Ever ( Fruitcakes Abound!)
1. What is the most annoying Christmas song?
Songs that come out at Christmas tend to be by far the most annoying, even if they are not about Christmas, themselves. Those not in Britain can count themselves lucky they probably never heard St Winifred's School Choir singing 'There's No One Quite Like Grandma'.
2. Name one annoying thing that happens to you each time you get together with your family during the holidays.
They turn up.
3. What is eggnog? Think about it. Does anybody really know?
You don't expect anyone to seriously answer this, do you, Mimi? There's more chance of seeing the Loch Ness Monster
4. Don't take this personally but there are lots of fruitcakes walking around. Have you encountered any real live nuts lately?
Of course I do. I have to go to the office every day.
5. Why were the nine Lords a'leaping in those annoying tights???!
You'd leap if those tights were as tight as they seem to be!
6. What is the most annoying Christmas gift you've ever received?
It's got to be something like a Santa Claus drink mug. I mean just how many times a year dare /I release that from captivity in the cupboard?
What did you do with it??
I haven't seen it for a long time. Maybe I buried it in the garden?
7. Let's admit it: Christmas, with all its splendor and goodwill, can also be a pain in the royal patootie. How do you plan to circumvent annoyances this year and enjoy the season?
Lock the doors, take the phone off the hook, watch DVDs and hide behind the curtain if anyone rings the doorbell. It's certainly the season of goodwill to all men!
(And don't tell me you plan to stay out of the dungeon. I can read your minds. I'm talking to you, Jean-Luc!)
Why is Mimi talking about me.....all prisoners get let out at Christmas!
Lastly, a very Happy Christmas to Mimi and all the Queen's Meme players.