Monday, 5 September 2011
The Queen's Meme #93 - The Strange Stupid Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #93
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday
Is it just me or is the world getting stranger by the minute? Every time I turn on the news there is some stupidity amongst humans and all living mammals, reptiles, and aliens to report. Do we walk among the insane or do they walk with us? Did you get that? Think about it.....
Answer these questions based on weirdness, unfairness and just plain stupid circumstances. Apparently, stupid is as stupid does. Or is it?
The Strange Stupid Meme
1. According to a news report, Medicare in the US stops plans to stop paying for preventable health problems or complications caused by hospital mistakes, including operations on the wrong person or wrong body part. These mistakes are called "never events." What would you call them? Sever Events
2. It is the policy of some TV news broadcasters to show automobile wreckage photos as soon as they can possibly get to the scene of the accident. Sometimes the family has not been notified. They get away with it by "not releasing names." How do you feel about this? Whack the photographer over the head and not releasing the name of the person who did it.
3. Did you know that some car dealership service departments charge extra for "shop supplies"? This includes the ever expensive shop rag (retail 99 cents) which can be billed for 10x that much.
Have you ever been ripped off by a car mechanic? Does the sun come up in the morning?
4. In some states, including California, Alaska, Florida and Hawaii, a motorist can be cited for driving too slowly. What would make you drive under the speed limit for a long period of time? If there was a female pedestrian wearing a bikini or a very short skirt.
5. In Arkansas the law states: No person shall drive a motor vehicle onto the premises of a drive-in restaurant and leave the premises without parking such motor vehicle, unless there is no unoccupied parking space available on the premises.
Explain this to me. Please. Err...well....don't drive in a drive in and drive out.
6. But in Indiana, a horse cannot be ridden or driven on the street in excess of 10 miles per hour.
Do you drive a fast horse? If I prod him with a pointed stick.
7. And in the great city of Youngstown, Ohio, you must keep your rats under control.
Do you find this to be a problem in your life? Only with the human ones.