Tuesday, 2 August 2011
The Queen's Meme #88 - The Phobia Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to the Queen's Meme. I am happy to be back amongst the memesters! I've made up a brand new meme for your memeing entertainment. Let's talk about fears today. A phobia is an irrational fear of something and is classified as an anxiety disorder. Do you know that millions of people are deathly afraid of bugs? That's called entomophobia: a fear of insects. It's a virtual epidemic! I personally have 3 phobias at the moment that I can think of. Motophobia (I'm working on that one), murophobia (fear of rodents) and forgetfulphobia (fear of...of....sorry, I forgot)
I trust you to be honest and not look in the dictionary for the correct answers until after you've completed your assignment meme. Do I have your word of honor? (The correct answers will magically appear on my blog tomorrow)
The Phobia Meme
Why did I stop at 12? Because I'm afraid of the number 13.
That's triskaidekaphobia for all you non-phobia speakers.
Identify these six common (and uncommon) phobias. You can answer rightly if you know the correct answer or spoof them all! Define the following phobias.
1. What is mysophia? Some are going to be blind guesses, some educated guesses. This one....fear of being single.
2. Ailurophobia.....fear of getting injured?
3. Technophobia....easy, this one...fear of technology, like computers.
4. Novercaphobia.....possibly injections
5. Dipsophobia.....making the wrong dip in a dance?
6. Gymnophobia...possibly gymnastics or then again horses (as in gymknana)
7. Hippophobia...surely not hippos?
8. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia....it ought to be fear of long words!
9. Lachanophobia....fear of lacking to understand
10. Uranophobia.....I dread to think...surely not what I think it is?
11. Levophobia.....fear of levitation!
12. Make up your own phobia word and explain what you are afraid of.
Memeophobia....coming across a series of questions on a website and having to answer them!