Tuesday 16 August 2011

The Queen's Meme #90 - Mimi's Old Memes Meme




Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....

The first meme I ever did was The Book Meme in October 2006, tossed from the Philippines by a blogger named Lizza who turned out to be one of my best online girlfriends ever, even after all these blog years. She received it from a guy in England who talked about his underpants. Eventually I was crowned Mimi Queen of Memes by a man who wore underwear on his head.
But I digress.

The first meme I ever created was The Peace Meme. I asked people to tag 5 other people and we were on a roll. So to speak. Tagging is not so much an internet sport anymore but it sure was back in the baby days of blogging. Then I did the 9 Weird Things Meme in which I attempted to list 9 weird facts about myself. I thought it was scandalous but most people did not think I was weird enough. #1 was "I hate clocks." See? Not weird at all. Boy, have memes come a long way since!

**I know. You're wondering...will she ever get to the point?**
Well, the point is that since I've been revamping my blog, re-labeling, revising, editing photographs and sending some to the dump heap, I came across a gold mine of memes unheard of for years! Back then we listed things a lot. Tell me 3 Things You Did Today, 4 Things You Ate For Breakfast, 5 Things You Want To Say To Your Mother-In-Law etc. After a whole bunch of friendly tagging and whatnot in 2006, finally in January 2007 along came a question meme. I was tagged by Duchess Linda Upon The Thames (who wasn't a Duchess yet), Princess Sanni from Germany and Gemmolina who wrote a blog nobody could pronounce - all at the same time. So I named it "Triple Tagged and Slapped Silly." It was called the Silly Questions Meme.
I've taken one question from each of the first 7question memes I ever did and put them into this meme.

Mimi's Old Memes Meme
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? (from The Silly Questions Meme)  Surely that's the wrong person?
2. Name something about humanity you absolutely hate. (from The Monday Melee Meme) That's too long a question. I'd be here all day and night.
3. What was the first lie your mother ever told you? (from Ten Lies My Mother Told Me meme) This won't hurt a bit.
4. Name one thing you should never say around a Ouija Board. (from The Ten Things You Should Never Say Around a Ouija Board meme - from Frank @ Honk'n'Hollr) Where did you bury the money you robbed from the bank?
5. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? (from the I Think I Caught Something Meme) Stuff that makes you cleaner. soap.
6. If a doctor told you today that you were pregnant, what would you say? (The Honesty Meme) Now THAT'S a newspaper headline!
7. Are you in a complicated love situation? (from The Don't Call Me, I'll Call You Meme) Only if not being in one is complicated.

3 comments:

Mimi Lenox said...

My mother said the same thing!

Michelle said...

I love #1

I have those mornings too.

Tink said...

Love your answers! #6 would be something, he?