Tuesday, 24 May 2011
The Queen's Meme #84 - The Workaday Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Meme
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday
Let's talk that 4-letter work today: W.O.R.K.
We all have to make a living one way or another. It's a necessary part of life. Sometimes it's good to evaluate where we are and what we want. We spend too much time each day "on the job" to be unhappy. I did a little soul searching today. Join me.
1. Are you in a job/career you always wanted? No, no, no, no, no, no, no....did you get the gist?
2. Do you find you workaday world fulfilling and rewarding? What? See above!!!!
3. If you could change jobs, what would you do? Be the toy tester in a toy company
4. What about your job irritates you the most? Errr...have you got an hour or two to spare?
5. Would you rather have a high pressure meaningful career or a mindless clock-punching job? With a high pressure job I would probly have been dead at 40, with the other I might have wished I was!
6. I believe in the concept of "paying myself first" as in tucking away dollars for emergencies and vacations. If you started a special savings plan and could save a certain amount each week to do something only for yourself, what would that be? The 'don't tell the government anti-tax Swiss bank account.'
7. What do you think is the hardest paying job on earth? In the time of Henry VIII it was the Royal bottom cleaner.