Tuesday, 15 June 2010
The Queen's Meme #41 - The Nosy News Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
The Nosy News Meme
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #41
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours
So much crazy news out there lately -from sunbursts to outbursts to implants to supplements. Here are a few topics spinning off the newswire.. Sound off and tell us how you really feel about it. Your opinion counts.
1. What would you do about the BP oil spill? Give us your suggestions. Get a very large mop and bucket
2. Tipper and Al Gore are calling it quits. Will Al be putting an application in a dating agency? "Former Presidental challenger wishes to meet a woman who doesn't have an odd name."
3. It’s hot! The heat index topped 104 degrees today in some parts of the United States. How is the weather in your part of the world? It's cold! It's been cloudy for most of June. If there is supposed to be a global warming, it hasn't come to Britain.
4. Do you think smoking should be banned in public places? Ban it everywhere!
5. Unemployment from the top down: Do you think President Obama has a good chance or no chance of being re-elected in the next US election? He's one person many would welcome on the Unemployment Register. Can you inagine him being asked "What was your last occupation?"
6. What??! Actor Gary Coleman’s wife reportedly sold private pictures of the deceased actor on his deathbed. Watch ya talkin' 'bout, Willis?
7. Texting while driving. Do you? Don't you? Will you? Won't you? Not if reading the paper at the same time.
8. Lindsay Lohan. Has she been treated fairly or unfairly by the legal system? Lindsay is just a poor misunderstood Hollywood millionaire superstar. They usually all are!
9. The Sarah Palin rumor mill caught wind of her recent decision to have breast implants….so said the reporters-who-need-to-get-a-job-and-stop-making-up-news. She has denied the earthshaking allegations. Was this really news? I don't believe this. I'd need to check to find out.
10. An asteroid is supposed to hit Earth this Friday. Are you prepared? Yes, I'll have my umbrella ready. If I miss it, I'll see the highlights the next day...if there is a next day!