Monday, 7 June 2010
The Queen's Meme #40 - The Weekend Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #40
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours
Ogden Nash and Bill Watterson both had interesting things to say about the weekend. "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless." (Bill) and "Your hair may be brushed, but your mind's untidy. You've had about seven hours of sleep since Friday. No wonder you feel that lost sensation. You're sunk from a riot of relaxation." (Ogden)
I totally agree!
Weekends can’t come soon enough for me. While I try to live my life appreciating each and every day, there's nothing like the sound of the 5:00 buzzer on Friday afternoons. I throw away the alarm clock for 48 hours and the enjoy the spontaneity ahead. What do YOU do?
#40 The Weekend Meme
1. What is your typical weekend like? Staying in bed, reading weekend papers, doing lots of computing, enjoying home.
2. Are you a party animal or a couch potato on the weekends? Definately a coauch potato
3. It wasn’t until 1940 that the two-day weekend became nationwide. I say it’s time for three-day weekend across the whole world! . Wouldn’t you love to work 4 days and off 3 all the time? Do you think this is a good idea? A super idea..unless those 4 days are longer working days!
4. Do you consider Sunday as a traditional day of rest? It depends what you call it a rest from?
5. What are your around-the-house weekend chores? This and that
6. If you have a significant other in your life or are dating, what is your favorite indoor and outdoor activity? Do you really need to ask in that circumstance?
7. Where would go for a romantic weekend getaway? If I have the girl, anywhere would be a romantic getaway
8. Do you have any special weekend traditions, quirks or rituals? See #1
9. What is your weekend blogging routine? Set up the TWQ, spend time on Facebook, blog friends
10. Tell us about your favorite weekend memories as a child? Coming home from school, getting homework done ASAP and enjoying that precious time we all wish we could have again.