Tuesday, 4 May 2010
The Queen's Meme #36 - The Weird, Unusual & Amusing Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours!
#36 The Weird, Unusual and Amusing Meme
The following statements are true. Your job is to explain why you think they are true. Just offer up your usual amusing quips! I'm betting we'll have some hysterical responses. Remember that somewhere somebody in the world needs to know these things and your tax dollars probably paid for the research that went into proving them true.
1. More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes. What happens if you take your donkey on a plane ride. Naturally it's true. Have you ever been bitten in an aircraft? A stewardess in a bad mood might.
2. Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants. They are probably 'top shelf' magazines now. I wonder if the Finns put little pants on all ducks?
3. If you keep a Goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white. This one sounds very spooky. Perhaps it's come back to haunt you?
4. The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes. Why were they fighting in the first place? They were probably arguing about an offside goal in a soccer match.
5. Women blink nearly twice as much as men. We men keep our eyes closed most of the time.
6. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated. The testing for this must have been fun! Do ants get booked for speeding? Do they sing bawdy songs and fall in the gutter?
7. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. That is the same for a lot of people, as well. Maybe they are looking for the remainder of their brains in the sand?
8. In England, the Speaker of The House is not allowed to speak. That's not true, actually. The Speaker has to shout "Order, order!" to keep the squabbling ministers in order.
9. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand. Unfortunately, there is no quicksand around to test this theory. I wonder how this was found out?
10. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily. The same 12 newborns? They'll have to find the right ones eventually!
12. The electric chair was invented by a dentist. This is shocking. Iwonder if condemned men get a free dental examination before the switch is pulled?