Monday, 26 April 2010
The Queen's Meme #35 - The Gratitude Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours!
Sometimes life hands you pomegranates. You get wiser. Sometimes life hands you that icky lemonade. You get stickier. Sometimes life hands you a boatload of people who either enhance your journey in lovely ways or rock the boat off course just for the hell of it. You get an oar and row in your own direction. It happens to all of us. Either way, there's gratitude to be found if you're willing to look. Sometimes the conflicts are indeed blessings in disguise - you just don't know it yet. Sometimes the storm IS the thing you will one day bless while you wait for calmer seas.
Maybe not today, but someday.
So find some patience and hang on.
We all have something to be grateful for one way or another.
I found a few things this week. I hope you did too.
The Gratitude Meme
1. What are you most grateful for when you first wake up in the morning? That I've woken up in the morning! Even more so when it's the weekend. Don't ask about Monday, though
2. What are you most grateful for when you go to bed at night? That soft, cosy mattress and the pillow to sink into.
3. Who is the person who has had the most influence on your life? It's certainly not Simon Cowell! As most will say, parents are always a big influence.
4. Is there someone you'd like to thank for something special they did for you but haven't yet? Take the time to do it in this meme. The answer to this is much the same as #2. Do we thank our parents for what they have done, or do we often leave it too late?
5. Who was your favorite or least favorite teacher?
If you could talk to them now, what would you say?
Miss Sargent was my favourite teacher. She taught well in English. Big thanks to her. There were one or two who did their jobs badly, but can't remember who they were.
6. Do you say grace at mealtime? No, but I am still grateful for what there is.
7. Name one thing you take for granted everyday. Everything around us we tend to take for granted. Only when it's not there, do we realise how important it was.
8. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? Sometimes it takes a while to see things differently to how they were at the time. We can never be sure whether life-changing decisions are good or bad.
9. What are the top five things you are most grateful for in your life? Health, wealth, happiness, friendship and computers. Sometimes those do not always appear, and we have to strive to get them.
The answers are rather deep this week. I must have had my philosophical hat on today!