Tuesday, 25 May 2010
The Queen's Meme #37 - The Let's Go To Dinner Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to the Queen's Tuesday Meme #38
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours!
The Let’s Go To Dinner Meme
We all love to wine and dine with our families and those we care about. Some of us talk about it. Some of us don’t. Regardless, we all have stories to tell…. past and present. Take a trip down memory lane or unfold your fantasy night out on the blog for all to read. We’re all ears. Waiter! Waiter!
1. When is the last time you went out to dinner with someone special? Tell us about it. It's been a while ago. So far ago I think the main item on the menu was Stegosaurus.
2. Show us a picture of your favorite cuisine. It's lasagna...a picture of it is usually a lot better than how it is!
3. What is the funniest thing a man/woman has said to you lately? As regarding dinner? I can't think of anything, but I remember the joke about the waiter asking the man how he found his steak. He replied, "It was easy; it was hiding under the potatoes."
4. What makes a gentleman a gentleman in today’s dating world? Are there any left? There are many. The word meaning though has been changed. A 'gentleman's club' is a strip joint!
5. Is there anything you won’t tolerate when out to dinner with your significant other? Her falling asleep while I'm talking.
6. What type of ambiance do you enjoy in an eating establishment? Quiet, discreet, classy, upmarket. Going for a Chicken McNugget just isn't enough.
7. Tell us about the worst public dining experience you ever had, whether it be a date or with your family. I guess that is on a Russian riverboat, where ancient Soviet dishes were served along with rock hard porridge
8. What is the lamest or rudest thing a man/woman has said to you lately? It looks better on the box it came in.
9. Are you a good tipper? Since I don't believe in tipping unless the service is exemplary, the waiters are going to have a disappointment.
10. Do you ask for doggie bags when you leave food on your plate at a restaurant? I don't have a doggie.
11. What is your pet peeve about restaurants and dining out in general? The way a waiter can look dismissively at customers, especially the Maitre' D.
12. Do you prefer to order yourself or do you ever let your significant other order for you? Only if she knows what I like.
13. Describe your most intimate romantic dinner ever. (fantasy or real) A fantasy one would involve soft music, candle in the middle, holding hands, kissing (making sure the candle doesn't burn me), whispering sweet nothings....time for the cold shower!
14. Do you enjoy piano bars? It depends who is playing.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would it be and who would you be with? A beautiful Italian restaurant with a sweet signorina..