Tuesday, 8 February 2011
The Queen's Meme #71 - The SuperBowl Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
*I had this scheduled to post early this morning and Blogger once again reverted it to draft. Sorry. I wish they would fix that bug.**
Welcome to the Queen's Meme #71
It's a meme about sports!
(**1919 Green Bay Packers**)
Now that the Superbowl is over, I thought it would be fun to take a little football quiz. I already declare failure but that is beside the point. There are many things about football that endear me to the game. Men in tight pants come to mind, ballet moves, food and music. What could be better?
1. In football, the "ball" is not round. Does this concern you? It's a consideration that I ponder night and day...are you kidding?
2.Can you decipher just one of the sideline hand signals? The players probably can't
3. What did you think of the halftime show? I thought it was the reason people go? The football bit is just an extra bit no can understands.
4. I do not understand why it is so important to knock people down if the object of the game is to get back up and run with the ball. Wouldn't it be simpler to just toss it back and forth and see who could catch it first? I think the game was invented by school bullies.
5. What is a down? Ask a swan.
6. Besides the obvious testosterone flying around (ladies) and the cheerleaders in short skirts (gentlemen) what else about the game of football fascinates you? Errr....nothing.
7. If you could add a rule to the game, what would it be? No body armour, like our British rugby players. Also cheerleaders run on to the pitch when a side scores!