Tuesday, 16 November 2010
The Queen's Meme #60 - The 60 Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to the Queen's Meme #60!
Since we are having a meme birthday I thought I'd wax celebratory. Do you mind?
Let's walk in the footsteps of one Mark Twain, who said..."
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."
So imagine you're 60 even if you're not and answer the questions.
There will be cake.
1. When I'm 60 I hope to know more about keeping a sharp memory and less about errr....I've forgotten.
2. At my 60th birthday party, I can only invite 3 people. They are The blonde female nurses who look after me.
3. "To me old age is always fifteen years older than I am" said Bernard Baruch.
What do you consider old age? Older than I am now.
4. Tom Stoppard was overheard saying, "Age is a high price to pay for maturity."
What does "maturity" mean to you at any age? The only maturity I'm interested in is when my investment matures.
5. Joan Rivers said "Looking fifty is great… if you're sixty."
Do you worry about age lines and wrinkles? Not if I take all mirrors away.
How do you plan to preserve your wonderful selves? I hear there's an Egyptian pyramid that run's some kind of good deal. They did tell me to bring lots of bandages though.
6. Comment on this quote by Euripides
"If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes." If I could figure the sense of that quote, I'd be old when I did.
7. Pablo Picasso said, "One starts to get young at the age of sixty and then it's too late."
What do you do now to stay young and enjoy your life? Get Dorian Gray's painter to do a portrait of me.