Tuesday, 28 September 2010

The Queen's Meme #54 - The Funny Word Meme




Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....

Welcome to the Queen's Meme #54

We are going for the funny bone today. Ouch. I hate it when that happens. Technically speaking that is the ulnar nerve. Definition: The ulnar nerve originates from the C8-T1 nerve roots which form part of the medial cord of the brachial plexus, and descends on the posteromedial aspect of the humerus.
I told you this meme was humorous!

Confession: I stole this idea from Jamie at Duward Discussion. She used British and Australian slang words recently in a challenge to her readers. I found a site today called Inherently Funny and decided to do the same with words that sound ridiculously humorous when you pronounce them....IF you can pronounce them.
I have given you 8 funny sounding words. You have to supply a definition without looking at the website or dictionary first. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Let's get started.

1. diphthong  I know dipthong is to do with speech and pronunciation, but I prefer to think of it as edible underwear

2. Houp-doup This is a mystery, but it sounds like a technique basketball players might use.

3. Skullduggery This is mischief, but I like it to be the place where pirates have buruied their treasure.

4. reintarnation Intarnation done a second time?

5. glom          Perhaps the opposite of glum?

6. gobsmacked I know this, as it's a British word meaning amazed. Gob means mouth, if you didn't know.

7. assmosis Perhaps an illness your pet donkey has?

8. lugubrious Another word I know, a British one that means long-winded.

And trust me, I will know if you look in the dictionary.

5 comments:

coopernicus said...

opposite of glum....excellent!

Debster said...

"Something your donkey has?" made me laugh aloud! Excellent work, my Captain!

Dawn (Twisted Sister) said...

edible underwear! very funny!

lime said...

edible underwear a basketball move and opposite of glom...good ones all1

Jamie said...

Hope the donkey gets better soon.