Tuesday, 28 September 2010
The Queen's Meme #54 - The Funny Word Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to the Queen's Meme #54
We are going for the funny bone today. Ouch. I hate it when that happens. Technically speaking that is the ulnar nerve. Definition: The ulnar nerve originates from the C8-T1 nerve roots which form part of the medial cord of the brachial plexus, and descends on the posteromedial aspect of the humerus.
I told you this meme was humorous!
Confession: I stole this idea from Jamie at Duward Discussion. She used British and Australian slang words recently in a challenge to her readers. I found a site today called Inherently Funny and decided to do the same with words that sound ridiculously humorous when you pronounce them....IF you can pronounce them.
I have given you 8 funny sounding words. You have to supply a definition without looking at the website or dictionary first. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Let's get started.
1. diphthong I know dipthong is to do with speech and pronunciation, but I prefer to think of it as edible underwear
2. Houp-doup This is a mystery, but it sounds like a technique basketball players might use.
3. Skullduggery This is mischief, but I like it to be the place where pirates have buruied their treasure.
4. reintarnation Intarnation done a second time?
5. glom Perhaps the opposite of glum?
6. gobsmacked I know this, as it's a British word meaning amazed. Gob means mouth, if you didn't know.
7. assmosis Perhaps an illness your pet donkey has?
8. lugubrious Another word I know, a British one that means long-winded.
And trust me, I will know if you look in the dictionary.