Tuesday, 29 September 2009
The Queen's Meme #12 - The Crazy Hospital Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #12.
A Tuesday meme
Sometimes silly. Sometimes serious. Always fun!
Step out of the box. Be creative. Use your imagination.
No one's answers are quite like yours.
And please, stay out of the dungeon.
You don't want to go there.
My dad is in the hospital this week. I have nice, neat, clean Institutions on my brain.
Ergo, you get The Crazy Hospital Meme. Let's get institutionalized, shall we?
The Crazy Hospital Meme
1. What is the strangest thing that has ever happened to you in a hospital (besides your illness)? Not enough towels? No condiments? Can't get your favorite channels? Come on, you can tell me. **Or....maybe this answer doesn't involve you being the patient.**
The lavatories were not locked in the ward I was in when I was in hospital so that the nurses could rescue us. It led to some embarassing situations!
2. If you had your choice of IV cocktails, what would you choose?
IV? Is this the Roman numeral for 'four'? I didn't know they served cocktails in hospital. I'll have to ask the nurse.
3. Tell us your funniest hospital story.
I was taking my father into hospital. He was having a heart bypass operation. All the patients had their jackets wide open so people could see their red 'zips' from throat to naval, as if they were proud of showing them off.. They were nicknamed 'the zipper club'. I told my father to keep his jacket well covered whenever I visit!
4. Do you have any hospital phobias? It's not so much the hospital, but rather never managing to get out!
5. Imagine you are in bed trying to get some sleep after a long night of interruptions by the nurse on duty who would NOT stop waking you up to see if you were asleep...It is 3am. You finally get to sleep. She comes in at 3:15 and wakes you up again. What happens next?
I ask her to get out of my bed.
6. You are stuck in the elevator with an attractive person of the opposite sex. You notice there is no wedding band. Do you strike up a conversation? If so, what is the first thing you would say?
Where's your wedding band and do you know how to stop the elevator from moving?
7. A very odd patient wanders into your room from the upstairs psychiatric ward. What do you do?
Tell him that Napoleon had been in earlier and was asking him where he was.