Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Thje Queen's Meme #74 - The Disaster Meme
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
Welcome to The Queen's Meme #74
7 Royal Questions on Tuesday
Have you ever wondered how ready you would be if disaster struck your home or your town? Are you prepared for it? The horrific events in Japan this week and my own mini-disaster at home (of little consequence in comparison) caused me to start thinking about maintaining my Emergency Kit. I actually made one after 9-11 for Bloggingham and made kits for my parents and members of my family. Let's see how ready you are. Here's a link to The US Department of Homeland Security FEMA just in case you need it.
According to FEMA: A disaster supplies kit is a collection of basic items that members of a household may need in the event of a disaster.
1. How many days worth of food, water and supplies do you need in your Emergency Kit? As much as I can steal from next door
2. You should prepare supplies for home, work, a vehicle.
What item do you need in your car that is not needed at home? A map? A steering wheel? Tyres?
3. If you are evacuated from your workplace.
You grab your "grab and go" bag. What is in it? All the stuff that would help mme survive at the office.
4. How many gallons of water should each person in your household need for 3 days? If next door has a water butt, we should be all right.
5. Tell us your favorite non-perishable food items. Why? So you know where to get it?
6. How much cash are you going to hide in your emergency disaster kit? All of it!
7. Do you have a basic emergency plan developed for you and your family? Have you written it down, practiced and discussed it? Does everyone know where the emergency supplies are? We are only prepared for a zombie invasion